University Health Services is offering flu clinics during October and November. Everyone six months and older is advised to be vaccinated against flu.
For students, faculty and staff who use UHS as their primary care provider, vaccinations will be available at several new, mobile clinics and at the health center. Both injected and inhaled forms of the flu vaccine are available at all UHS clinics. Vaccinations will be billed to health insurance, so patients should remember to bring their health insurance card.
Call and schedule an appointment at 577-5101 for the following UHS clinics:
· Oct. 31, 9-11:30 a.m., 302 UHS
· Oct. 11 & 18, Nov. 8 & 29, 1-4 p.m., 302 UHS
Mobile walk-in flu clinics:
· Oct. 16, 3:30-6:30 p.m., North Apartments D Building
· Oct. 23, 3:30-6:30 p.m., Webster lounge
· Oct. 30, 3:30-6:30, p.m., Van Meter lounge
· Nov. 6, 4:30-7:30 p.m., Berkshire Dining Commons (Vote and get vaccinated)
· Nov. 13, 3:30-6:30 p.m., Recreation Center meeting room
Maxim Health Systems is offering a walk-in seasonal flu shot clinic that is open to the campus community on Nov. 7 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in 162 Campus Center.
Maxim bills contracted insurance plans including Unicare (new this year). If the insurance is not contracted with Maxim, payment by cash, check or major credit card is due at time of service.