Telephone system upgrade scheduled for July 21
The Office of Information Technologies (OIT)/Telecom will be performing an upgrade of the campus administrative telephone system on Saturday, July 21 beginning at 8 a.m. Administrative telephone service will be interrupted for approximately 5 hours while the upgrade is being performed. Telephone service in the residence halls will NOT be affected.
Efforts will be taken to ensure that essential services such as public safety/911, Health Services, campus operators, help phones, and other critical lines will remain in service during the upgrade.
The upgrade will impact the following features:
1. The following call forwarding assignments will be canceled and need to be manually reset after the upgrade is complete: Call forward follow-me; external call forward; direct (all calls)
2. Accept 2ndcCall function will be deactivated.
3. ACD agents will be logged off and will need to be logged back on after the upgrade is complete.
4. Call list history data will be lost (certain display telephones only)
5. Last number redial information will be lost.
6. Call back missions will be canceled.
7. Message waiting indicators will be turned off for the duration of upgrade, but should automatically re-light within 24 hours if the user has new messages.
Instructions on how to program a follow-me, external call forward or button for speed dialing are on the OIT/Telcom website.