Starting Salary: $12.00/hour
Work Schedule: 8 – 10 hours/week during the academic year
Applications Due: accepting applications until position is filled
We are looking to add a staff member who has experience with and enthusiasm for video and photography to our social media team.
This position requires commitment to work through May 2018; with the potential for employment during summer 2017. Staff member(s) will be trained on Residential Life programs, policies and general information regarding the most common inquiries from new and current students. Staff member(s) will apply this knowledge for outreach and communication using social media networks. Main tasks will include developing Living at UMass social media accounts and managing the Living at UMass Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook pages to engage with students. The position will also require attending University events and interacting with students and parents. Staff member(s) will primarily communicate through Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram; however, alternative ways of effectively connecting with students using other social media networks may be considered.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate proficiency and expertise using social media
- Be self-motivated and mature, demonstrating superior interpersonal skills
- Possess strong organizational and critical thinking skills
- Have great attention to detail
- Currently enrolled undergraduate student in good academic and conduct standing
- Demonstrated experience with creating and editing video
- Knowledge and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Premiere
- Previous experience working in social media/communications fields
- Enthusiastic about current and new video and multi-media trends
Please submit the following as your application for this position. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
1. A one-page typed resume which includes your current contact information, your education, work experiences and extracurricular activities.
2. Attach your typed answers to all of the following questions on a separate sheet.
- Please describe the skills or experience you possess that would make you successful in this position.
- Drawing from your past work or extracurricular experience, please describe a situation in which you had to organize and lead a group. Reflecting on this experience, comment on your successes and areas for growth in the future.
- Describe three strategies you would implement to increase and retain followers on either Instagram or Twitter. Be sure to indicate what audience you are trying to reach and how each strategy will meet your goal.
3. Provide at least two examples of your work that demonstrate your ability to create engaging content. These can be videos, social media posts, collections of photographs, etc.
4. Provide two references (name and phone #) that can evaluate your work performance in a previous position.
Applications will be evaluated based on your previous work experience and your ability to demonstrate how it transfers to this position, the detailed content of your answers, and a check of references.
Please submit your packet to the Residential Life Social Media Team via email at RLsocialmedia@sacl.umass.edu.