Application Currently Not Available
Starting Salary: $13.00
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week in the summer, 12 hours per week minimum in semester
Hours: Mon – Fri 8:30am – 5:00pm
Customer Service Leads (CSLs) are responsible for providing consistent and reliable assistance to students, families, and the UMass community. Staff members receive extensive training in the areas of customer service, problem solving, and Residential Life policies and procedures. CSLs use this training to serve as the first line of contact for Residential Life helping students and families navigate assignment processes and decision making in a fast paced environment. CSLs provide customer service throughout the academic year and breaks working to assist students with housing assignment questions, prospective student inquiries, and more. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, leading during the fall Move-In of 14,000 students, speaking at New Students Orientations and Open Houses, and operating the CHCRC Residential Service Desk during the summer.
This position requires a full academic year commitment beginning May 22nd, 2017 through closing May 2018. Staff must be available through the end of fall semester and plan to return starting January 2nd. Staff are required to cover shifts either over Fall Break or Spring Break and are expected to work additional hours during training, opening, and closing periods.
You must be a currently enrolled undergraduate student at UMass Amherst in good standing.
You must be able to work 40 hours/week over the summer.
You must be able to work a minimum 12 hours/week during semesters.
You must be mature, self-motivated, and possess a positive attitude.
You must have strong communication and organizational skills.
You must be able to work for all Residence Hall opening and closing periods (Labor Day Weekend and January 20th).
This position is subject to a criminal background check.
Experience living in the University residence halls.
Prior experience working within Residential Life.
Possess a working knowledge of Residential Life policies and practices.
Demonstrated experience in an office setting with knowledge of professional etiquette.
Possess previous customer service experience.
Be a creative lateral thinker with excellent problem solving skills.
Knowledge of working with Microsoft Office.
Comfortable representing organization using Social Media.
Strong commitment to working on a team/in a group setting.
Eligibility for Work Study for the 2017-2018 Academic Year
You will need to submit the following to complete the online Application located at the link provided above:
1. A one-page typed resume which includes your current contact information, your education, work experiences and extracurricular activities.
2. Answers to the following questions:
- How has your previous work experience prepared you for a Customer Service Lead position?
- What has been your previous experience working in a professional setting and what skills do you possess that are transferrable to the CSL position?
- Describe the skills that you possess for managing administrative processes.
- Describe a time that you received feedback in a previous position and how you incorporated that feedback into your work skills.
3. One person who can submit a letter of recommendation who can evaluate (1) your customer service skills, (2) your ability to work in a professional office and (3) your ability to work with parents and students.
4. Two additional references that can evaluate your work performance in a previous position.
Applications will be evaluated based on your previous work experience and your ability to demonstrate how it transfers to a CSL position, the detailed content of your answers, and your letter of recommendation.