Chair: Glenn Barrington
The Transportation Subcommittee aims to promote and increase the usage of alternative means of travel that currently exist while exploring more sustainable options to bring to campus.
Current existing systems include:
- Increasing ridership on the PVTA bus system
- Consolidating the size of the University fleet.
- Replacing older University fleet vehicles with more fuel efficient and/or alternative fuel vehicles.
- UMass Commuter Options Program
- Discounted parking passes for energy efficient cars
- Rideshare Matching
- Partial Year permits
- Bike Sharing Program for students and staff that will allow for bikes to be checked out free of charge for a certain period of time.
- Potential bike path between North Apartments and Yellow Lot 12 by Parking Services
- More covered bike storage
- Expand existing bike lanes
- Development of incentives for people to not purchase full year parking permits
- BIke Friendly University Certification and Establishment of a Biking Advisory Group (BAC)