Download the Silver Checklist Here
- In our desk lamps we use CFLs (Compact Fluorescent Light bulbs) and practice the appropriate disposal procedure. (Information about CFLs)
- During cold weather, all of our windows (including storm windows) are shut tightly, if applicable.
- If we have control over thermostat settings in our office, someone has contacted Facilities/Operations to check that we are setting temperatures and fan speeds at appropriate levels during both the heating and cooling season (i.e. we are not overheating or over-cooling our office). (Contact: Physical Plant Service Desk (413)-545-6401)
- Each work area (cube or office) has a desk-side paper recycling bin.
- We have a designated area in our supply closet, or elsewhere in our office, for sharing office supplies that can be re-used (file folders, binders, pens, paper clips, etc).
- There is at least one reusable bag in the kitchen or break room for our staff to use in place of plastic bags when shopping or buying lunch, supplies, etc.
- We contacted news media and catalog distributors to receive fewer publications at our office.
- In our kitchen, we use environmentally preferable dish-washing soap.
- If we supply paper products to staff in our break room or kitchen, we purchase said products with at least 30 percent post-consumer recycled content.
- For printing and copying, our office only uses paper containing at least 30 percent post-consumer recycled content.