- We shut off our monitors and/or manually send our computers into energy-saving modes (standby or hibernate) when not in use and turn them off at night.
- We have sleep mode enabled on all copiers and all printers after five minutes or more of inactivity.
- All lights are turned off when not in use during the day and at night, including in common areas such as kitchens, conference rooms, storage closets, and bathrooms. We have posted prompts on light switches, where applicable.
- We send, or will send, an e-mail to our staff before holidays and breaks containing an energy saving checklist.
- During cold weather, the blinds in our individual work stations are closed at night. If your office has Air conditioning, this applies to warm weather as well.
- Each work area (cube or office) has a desk-side paper recycling bin.
- In our office, department, or building we have at least one recycling collection bin for small electronic waste: CFLs, CDs, audio tapes, batteries, cell phones, pagers, PDAs, and inkjet printer cartridges. This collection area has been publicized and signs exist explaining what can be recycled here.
- We bring our large electronic waste (computers, laptops, printers, A/V, office phones, etc.) to the Office of Waste Management so that it may be recycled properly. (Contact your Office Maintainers for Details)
- We recycle inkjet and laser jet cartridges.