Post-Oil City - The History of the Urban Future
September 1 - October 31, 2013
An Exhibition presented by UMass Amherst Department of Landscape Architecture and Regional Planning
Curated by the Institute for Cultural Relations with support from Goethe Institut Boston
Download the Brochure .
What: The ‘Post-Oil City’ exhibition presents models, computer animations, videoclips and documentation exploring 11 innovative urban projects in Asia, Africa, and America, and their connections to utopias of the past. The exhibition demonstrates positive, possible, contextualized and sustainable answers to the challenges posed by climate change, a limited supply of fossil fuels, economic recession, and global systemic crisis. “Post-Oil City” is an international planning and landscape architecture exhibit, originating in Germany and shown at selected sites in South Africa, Canada, Ethiopia, Japan, and India. UMass Amherst Department of Landscape Architecture and Regional Planning is proud to sponsor the only United States showing.
Where: Gateway City Arts, 92-114 Race Street, Holyoke, MA 01040 (www.gatewaycityarts.com ).
When: September 1- October 31, 2013. Open Saturdays and Sundays, noon to 4:00 pm, throughout September and October.
- Event facebook page https://www.facebook.com/PostOilExhibit .
- IFA: http://www.ifa.de/en/visual-arts/exhibitions-abroad/architecture/post-oil-city 
- Please contact us to schedule your group events: Michael Di Pasquale  (firstname.lastname@example.org )
Current Dates and Planned Activities:
- Tuesday, 3 Sept - Opening Party for LARP Graduate Students, Faculty, Staff and Friends
- Saturday, 7 Sept - Exhibition Opening Reception for the general public, 3:00-5:00 pm. Everyone is welcome.
- Saturday, 21 Sept - LARP Alumni Reception and Dinner, 5:00 till late
Register here  (no later than 7 Sept).
- Friday, 25 Oct - 4-P Symposium, bringing together UMass, Harvard, Tufts, and MIT Planning Programs and Mass APA
- Friday, 1 Nov - Closing Party - Evening Event