Contact: Ethan Carr (MLA Program Director), Mark Hamin (MRP Program Director)
NOTICE: This preliminary schedule is subject to change.
Tuesday, August 28
- 9:30 - 11:00 a.m. Welcome by department chairs and program directors.
Design Building Atrium, Coffee & Pastries provided.
- 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Campus Walking Tour with a focus on campus planning efforts and focused observations in the area around the pond as a set up for the afternoon joint activities
- 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. Buffet Lunch
Design Building Atrium
- 1:00 - 5:00 p.m. Building Bridges Charrette (Detail TBA)
Design Building Lecture Hall (DB170)
- 5:00 p.m. Social Hour
University Club, 243 Stockbridge Rd, Amherst, MA
Wednesday, August 29
- 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Bus Tour of the Connecticut River Region (Itinerary TBA)
Meet at Design Building Atrium. Bus and box lunches will be provided.
Thursday, August 30
- *International Students* 8:30 - 9:45 a.m. Immigration workshop for F / J Visa Holders
Campus Center Auditorium / Campus Center 163C, See IPO Orientation Schedule
- *MLA & MArch* 9:00 - 10:30 a.m. Laser & Fire Safety Training
Draper Hall 122
- 11:00 a.m - 12:00 p.m. Library Tour
Calipari room (Lower Level, W.E.B. Du Bois Library)
- 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. Lunch on your own
- 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.
*MLA & MArch* Shop Trainings - Sign up available soon
*MRP* Downtown Amherst Planning Tour
- 6:00 p.m. Grad School Welcome Reception
Location: Campus Center Auditorium
Friday, August 31
IPO International Student Orientation
Grad School Orientation
New student to-do list