If you are a student starting the major during or after the Fall 2013 semester, these are the major requirements you will follow. If you started the major earlier than Fall 2013, visit this page.
1. Journal 300: Newswriting and Reporting (to be taken during sophomore or junior year).
2.Two Advanced Writing/Reporting courses (any of the 4-credit courses we offer, as well as Journ 341: Images in Sports)
3. One Multimedia course. Choose from the following:
- Journ 301: Intro to Multimedia Journalism
- Journ 333: Intro to Digital Photojournalism
- Journ 397G: Multimedia Journalism
- Journ 435: Web Design for Journalists
4. Two of the following courses:
- Journ 320: History of American Journalism
- Journ 320 H: History of American Journalism (honors)
- Journal 312: Journalism & Law
- Journal 460: Journalism Ethics
- Journal 345: Media Criticism
- Journal 494MI: Media, Technology and Culture
5.Two additional Journalism elective courses (any 3 or 4-credit Journalism courses). All credits must be graded; pass/fail credits do not count toward the major, nor do practicum or internship credits. No more than three credits of Independent Study may be applied to the major.
6. An academic minor in another department or program, except for Communication. Another major or a certificate will also satisfy this requirement.