Carole Soules, Baird Soules, Janine Solberg, Michael Ash, Steve Brewer, Nikki Stoia ( Associate Dean, Advising HFA), Craig Nicholson, Patricia, & myself
- Jon Olsen was invited but was out of town. He is in the history department and wants to be involved.
- Looking for courses to support, ideas, and recommendations
- Possible candidates to teach for Freshman Seminar- Steve Fox; Journalism, Jon Olsen; History,
- First 3 weeks Patricia will be teaching.
- Who are the Freshman advisors? How do I find this out?
- Meet W/ Deans & Chairs about IT Minor Program.
- During summer advising, there is a Dean’s talk. Give Nikki pamphlets. Find out who else should receive them.
- Suggestions from Janine- IT for Prospective Teachers, Digital Imaging, Digital Storytelling
- Michael Ash talked about “Agent Based Modeling”, he might also be interested in co-teaching. Michael also mentioned” Musical & Audio Production” and that he knows a songwriter/music who he could speak with. He sent info along about 3 ideas for IT minor courses. He also sent along a syllabus for a course that his mother taught on “The Computerized Society”.
- Janine suggested that we offer a more accessible, gentler than Python course / calmer than Java. Needs to be pointed out to ie. Humanities.
- Steve Brewer talked about building computer models into different curriculum.
- Add to Declaration Form: What other courses would you like to see? What was your previous IT experience?
Carol Soules recommended a suggested course list if your major is :
- Ie. Humanities, Biology, Education, Psychology, etc. Brochure is unappealing and complicated.