Lecturer of Italian
Location: Herter Hall 305
Phone: (413) 545-4951
Email: patrizio AT frital.umass.edu
Laurea, magna cum laude, Italian and Classics, Università degli Studi di Perugia, Italy, 2001
Certification of Secondary Teaching, (Italian and Classics), Università degli Studi di Perugia - S.I.S.S. (School of Specialization for Secondary Teaching), full marks, 2003
MA, Italian, Columbia University, 2006
PhD, Italian, Columbia University, 2011
- "'Il Poema di Fiume.' Un inedito marinettiano" (critical edition). L'Ellisse 5 (2010): 209-39.
- "'Necrofilia e prosopopea della materia: La personificazione in Marinetti" (essay). Annali di Italianistica 27 (2009): 309-31.
- Co-Editor (with Paolo Valesio), Canoni assenti. Proceedings of "Absent Canons," A Comparative Conference on Contemporary Italian Poetry, in Semicerchio - Rivista di poesia comparata, 38.1 (2008), with a Preface, pp. 3-4.
- "'Lo sguardo rimasto solo.' Intervista a Milo De Angelis" (interview with a critical introduction). Italian Poetry Review 2 (2008): 461-73. Also published in De Angelis Milo, Colloqui sulla poesia. I. Vincentini, ed. Milano: La Vita Felice, 2008, pp. 101-114.
- "'Capitalismo e narcisismo.' Intervista a Edoardo Sanguineti" (interview). Italian Poetry Review 2 (2008): 474-90.
- With Susan Stewart. "New Poems," translations of Milo De Angelis. Gradiva 37-38 (2010): 160-71.
- With Susan Stewart. From Theme of Farewell, poems of Milo De Angelis. Poetry 3 (2007): 222-23.
- With Susan Stewart. "Contemporary Italian Poetry." TriQuarterly 127 (2007): From Theme of Farewell, poems of Milo De Angelis, pp. 74-83; from Cose, poems of Edoardo Sanguineti, pp. 182-95; from Il cuore del girasole, poems of Paolo Valesio, pp. 204-13.
Columbia University, Department of Italian, Adjunct Professor, Fall 2011.
Fordham University, Department of Modern Languages and Literatures, Adjunct Lecturer, Fall 2011.
Columbia University, Department of Italian, Instructor of Italian, 2005-2011.
19th- and 20th-century Italian Literature and Culture; Italian and European Avant-garde of the 20th century; Giacomo Leopardi and Italian Romanticism; theory and practice of translation; textual criticism and literary theory.