303 Herter Hall
BA, Italian and English, Georgetown University
MA, Romance Languages and Literatures, Harvard University
PhD, Romance Languages and Literatures, Harvard University
- 20th- and 21st-century Italian popular and youth culture
- Film and Visual Culture, particularly the relationship between text and image
- Ethnographic film and literature
- 20th- and 21st-century Italian literature
- "Listening to the Invisible: Re-establishing Personhood in Migrant Documentary Film." Luci e ombre 2.4 (2014): [link].
- "Bound and Dreaming: Female Empowerment through Sado-Masochistic Fantasy in Guido Crepax's Valentina.” ImageTexT 7.4 (2014): [link].
- "Gipi and the Continuation of the Neorealist Tradition in Italian Graphic Novels.” The International Journal of Comic Art 14.2 (2012): 332-47.
- "Creating Unity through Disunity: Futurism as Paradoxical Movement.” InThe Future of Text and Image: Collected Essays on Literary and Visual Conjunctures. O. Amihay and L. Walsh, eds. Newcastle upon Tyne: Cambridge Scholars, 2012. 309-23.
- "Consuming Humanity." Review of Susan Sontag's On Photography. The Romance Sphere (2011): [link].
- "The Photographic Effect of History in La Storia." L'anello che non tiene. Journal of Modern Italian Literature 20-21.1-2 (2009): 118-28.