Video Conferencing Facilities
UMass Amherst IT's video conferencing facilities are equipped with state-of-the-art video conferencing equipment and allow real-time exchange of voice, video, and data with other facilities around the world. These facilities are primarily intended to support teaching and learning at UMass Amherst and other University of Massachusetts campuses as well as the Five Colleges. For more, see Video Conferencing: Facilities & Equipment.
Video Conferencing Applications
In 2015-2016 UMass Amherst launched an expansive video conferencing pilot to determine which tool would best meet the needs of the campus community. We found that Zoom met campus needs the most comprehensively, and we will be rolling out Zoom to the campus in the fall of 2016. For more information about Zoom and how to request a license, see Video Conferencing Applications.
Schedule a Video Conference
To schedule a video conference or for more information, contact Chris Golas (413-545-3895, firstname.lastname@example.org).
Get Help Teaching with Video Conferencing
If you are a UMass instructor and have questions about, or need help with incorporating video conferencing into your teaching, please contact the Instructional Media Lab (email@example.com | 413-545-2823).
For in-classroom A/V support related to teaching with Zoom video conferencing, please contact Classroom Technology Services at 413-545-8280, Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Two video conferencing facilities in ELab II and the W.E.B. Du Bois Library
- Portable video conferencing equipment
- Zoom video conferencing application selected for campus after 2015-2016 pilot. (Coming in the fall of 2016)
- Administrative or departmental use of video conferencing facilities and equipment can be scheduled based upon availability
- Training and consulting on effective use of video conferencing as a teaching tool available through Instructional Innovation and Classroom Technology Services.
There is no charge for the Zoom video conferencing application.
UMass Amherst Instructional Innovation staff can be scheduled, at no charge, to assist with running most scheduled video conferences between the five UMass campuses or within the Five Colleges. An overtime fee of $50/hour will be applied if the video conference takes place after 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, or on weekends or holidays.