With WebDAV (World Wide Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning), you can create a UDrive folder on your computer and move files directly between this folder and your UDrive account without having to use a Web browser.
- You cannot create a WebDAV connection for UDrive using Mac OS X Panther (10.3.x) or below.
- We do not recommend that you create a UDrive WebDAV connection for your UDrive on a shared or public computer (e.g., computers in the UMass Amherst IT Computer Classrooms).
- Log in to UDrive with your UMass Amherst IT Account NetID and password.
- In the Finder menu, click Go > Connect to Server… The Connect to Server window will open.
- In the Connect to Server window, in the Server Address: field, enter https://udrive.oit.umass.edu/yournetid, where yournetid is your UMass Amherst IT Account NetID, then click the + (plus sign) next to the field to add UDrive to your list of favorite servers. Click Connect. A window will open prompting you for your Name and Password.
- In the Name field, enter your IT Account NetID, and in the Password field, enter your IT Account password. Click Connect. A Finder window will open displaying your UDrive content. Note: Depending on the speed of your Internet connection, it may take a minute or more for your UDrive content to appear.
The connection to your UDrive space, named udrive.oit.umass.edu, will appear in any Finder window, under Shared (at left).
Note: Finder may create some extra files in your UDrive. Do not delete these files.
Your computer will remember the server address for your WebDAV connection, but you will be disconnected when you log off or shut down your computer. To re-connect, go to Go > Connect to Server... and from the Favorite Servers: list, select https://udrive.oit.umass.edu/yournetid. Click Connect, then log in with your NetID and password.
Note: We do not recommend that you save your NetID and password to your keychain.