Use these pages to learn how to add or update your addresses and phone numbers in SPIRE.
Use the Addresses section in SPIRE to edit your addresses on file with the University. Because official University communications are sent to these addresses, it is important that you keep them up to date.
What Addresses display in People Finder and the UMass Faculty/Staff Directory PDF?
Faculty and Staff
People Finder displays only Work addresses and does not display residential address information. The UMass Faculty/Staff Directory PDF displays Work addresses as well as residential addresses if the Publish Home Address box is selected from the UMass Directory > My Directory Info page in SPIRE.
To view, add or update your UMass employee work address:
- In the SPIRE Menu, go to UMass Directory > My Directory Info. The UMass Directory Info page will open, listing your work address information on file with the University.
- Enter the new address information by selecting a building and providing room information. Click Save.
- Edit your home contact information by clicking the Change Home (Permanent) Address link under the Home Contact Info section at the bottom of the page.
People Finder displays your email address only. People Finder does not display residential address information or phone numbers.
To view and update your work contact information:
- In the SPIRE Menu, go to My Personal Information > Work Contact Info. The Work Contact Info page will open, listing your UMass Email address and the work contact information on file for you with the University, if any. Update your Work Address and Work Phone, etc.) if you wish. Use the drop-down list to select a building for your work address and type the room or suite number. Click Save.
- Choose My Personal Information > Addresses to update your permanent (home) address in SPIRE.
Use the Phone Numbers section in SPIRE to add, edit and remove your phone numbers. Keep them up to date so that the University can contact you when necessary.
What Phone Numbers Display in People Finder and the UMass Staff/Faculty Directory PDF?
Faculty and Staff
People Finder displays only Work phone numbers. The UMass Staff/Faculty Directory PDF displays work phone numbers as well as residential phone number information if the Publish Phone (Permanent/Local) box is selected from the UMass Directory > My Directory Info page in SPIRE.
To view, add or update your UMass work phone number:
- In the SPIRE Menu, go to UMass Directory > My Directory Info.
- Enter or edit your work phone number, then click Save. You can also add a second work phone number if needed.
- Click the Change Phone link in the Home Contact Info section at the bottom of the page to edit your permanent (home) phone number if needed.
For security reasons, People Finder does not display phone numbers for students.
To view and update your phone information:
- In the SPIRE Menu, go to My Personal Information > Phone Numbers. The Phone Numbers page will open, listing your Residence Hall phone number, Permanent, and Local and/or Cell phone number on file for you with the University. Update your Local and/or Cell Phone number and/or Permanent phone number as needed. Click Save.
Withhold Your Directory Information
As a UMass Amherst student, if you want to withhold any of your directory information including address or phone number, you must contact your most recent Registrar's Office.