Virtual CloneDrive is a free Windows program that creates a virtual CD/DVD drive on your computer. ISO, BIN, or CCD image files can be mounted on this drive virtually and behave as if they were inserted from a CD/DVD drive.
Virtual CloneDrive is a faster and more convenient alternative to burning .iso images to a CD or DVD.
- Go to the Download web page and click the green download button. You will be prompted to save the installation file.
- Save the installation file (.exe file) to a location on your computer where you can find it (e.g., your desktop).
- Once the download is complete, double-click the installer, then follow the installation prompts to install Virtual CloneDrive on your computer. Note: You may be asked to confirm that you want to install this software. Click Yes.
- Download the .iso file you wish to mount to your computer (e.g., from the DreamSpark website).
- Under the Computer folder, locate and double-click the disk image (the name will vary, based on the contents of the file). With Virtual CloneDrive, the .iso image is automatically mounted and you can access its contents without any additional steps.