Hoonuit (previously Atomic Learning) provides short, easy-to-use web-based tutorials on more than 250 common software and operating systems, including Adobe Creative Suite, Google Drive, Mac OS X, Microsoft Office Suite, Twitter, Windows, and more! You can also go beyond the 'how-to' with workshops, career skills, and college success training that is specifically designed to teach faculty, staff, and students how to best implement soft skills in personal life, courses, and educational careers. For more information about Hoonuit, see Hoonuit at UMass Amherst.
- On your course page, click Turn editing on. Editing links and icons will appear.
- In the section you want to add the video(s), click + Add an activity or resource. The Add an activity or resource window will open.
- Select External tool and click Add. The Adding a new External tool page will open.
- In the Activity name box, enter a name for the video(s) you would like students to have access to.
- From the External tool type drop-down menu, select Hoonuit (previously Atomic Learning).
- From the Launch container drop-down menu select an option for how you want the video to display:
- Default: The default setting is Embed, without blocks (see below).
- Embed: The video(s) appear embedded on a typical Moodle page, with blocks at left.
- Embed, without blocks: The video(s) appear embedded without Moodle blocks on the left side of the screen (Default).
- New window: The video(s) open in a new window when you click on the activity (requires pop-ups to be enabled in user's browsers).
- Click Save and display. The Hoonuit (previously Atomic Learning) Search page will open to the Search tab.
- (click to enlarge)
- Under the Search tab, there are several ways to locate material:
- For a simple search, in the Search Bar, enter the keywords then click Search. Search results will be listed below.
- To browse for an application, topic or by category, click Advanced Filters. Drop-downs will appears below the Search bar.)
- All applications lists software by name and version (e.g. Excel, Photoshop, Word).
- All topics lists general topics (e.g., Data Analysis, Image Editing, Word Processing).
- All categories lets you filter results for applications or topics, to include only Tutorials, Workshops, or Projects, and further filter results, for instance by Mac or Windows.
Note: If more than 10 results are shown, to view all results you can expand the number of rows (bottom left) or click through pages (at right).
- In the Series title column, click the link to a series. The Select your links page will open listing the topics in that series. .
- Under Select your links, click the [+] in front of a title to expand the list and view sub-topics. Select the checkbox(es) for the video(s) that you would like to share, then click Preview Selections to confirm you have all the videos you want.
- If the list of videos looks correct, click Submit.
When students click on the External tool activity, they will see the list of links to videos that you have selected from Hoonuit. After students have opened a video, a green checkmark will appear next to the video to show that they have viewed it.