- Our technical staff is certified to repair and consult on most software and hardware products, including popular computer brands
- We support essential campus services such as Email, Network Connectivity, and more...
- Use your IT Account NetID and password to log in to IT services
- Support for classroom technologies, multimedia equipment loan, and training
- Faculty and staff can borrow laptops for short-term travel through our Travel Laptop Program
- Competitive discounts on computers and peripherals are available through the U$ave program
Technology Consulting & Support Services
UMass Amherst IT User Services staff provides computer maintenance and repair as well as support and consultation for supported applications and operating systems. We also provide security check-ups, data destruction services, audio-visual training and support, pre-purchase consultations, and enterprise services to members of the UMass Amherst campus community. Enterprise Desktop Support services are available on a contracted basis.
Our recommendations and minimum system requirements are meant to give students general guidelines on the computer configurations that work best in the UMass Amherst computing environment.
The U$ave program offers competitive discounts on desktops, laptops, tablets, and peripherals from popular manufacturers.
- Recommended & Minimum Computer Configurations for Students (Windows)
- Recommended & Minimum Computer Configurations for Students (Macintosh)
- Recommended & Minimum Computer Configurations for Faculty & Staff (Windows)
- Recommended & Minimum Computer Configurations for Faculty & Staff (Macintosh)
- Travel Laptop Program
- Multimedia Equipment Loan & Support
- Hard Drive & Magnetic Tape Destruction
- Account Management
- Enterprise Desktop Support
IT Help Center experts are available in our Help Center, Call Center, and Repair Center from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, except when the university is closed due to holidays, administrative closings, or inclement weather. Consultants may also be found staffed at the W.E.B Du Bois Library at the Learning Commons Desk with extended hours. For a complete listing of Learning Commons hours, visit the library website.
University departments can also request pickup and delivery service. Call 413-545-9400 or submit an online help request to schedule a pickup time. Please have your departmental speed type number available when you call.
Note: Driver pickup service is available only during fall and spring semesters. Times may vary per semester, please call for availability (413-545-9400).