UMass Amherst faculty and staff can request Subsidiary IT Accounts for:
- Departmental or academic projects (e.g., departmental Web sites)
- Cross-group collaborations
- Student employees whose job requires them to use email
Each Subsidiary Account comes with a separate email account, blog, UDrive, and Web site space. Subsidiary Accounts cannot be used to access the campus network via wired Ethernet or wireless.
Note: Instructors who need a separate email address, blog, UDrive or Web space for a course, can set up a Course IT Account  in SPIRE.
To request a Subsidiary IT Account, contact the IT Help Center  through an online help request, or call 413-545-9400 (option 2). The IT Help Center is located at A109 LGRC Lowrise, M-F, 8:30 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
Once your Subsidiary Account is activated, you will be assigned a new NetID. You will need to login to SPIRE with your personal IT Account NetID and password to assign your Subsidiary Account a new password. See the Manage a Subsidiary Account section below for instructions on how to access your IT Accounts page, which lists your current accounts.
Note: Subsidiary Account usernames and passwords are different than your IT Account NetID and password.
Use SPIRE to view a Subsidiary Account, change its password, or schedule a date to delete it.
Note: Changing your password for your Subsidiary Account does not change your main IT Account password.
- Log in to SPIRE  with your IT Account NetID and password.
- In the SPIRE navigation, go to IT Accounts > My IT Accounts. The My IT Accounts - Account List page will open, listing your current accounts.
- On the My IT Accounts - Account List page, click the Account Name to view an account's details. The My IT Accounts - Account Detail page will open.
- On the My IT Accounts - Account Detail page, you can reset your password, add an alternate name, or schedule a date to delete your account.
Note: Subsidiary Accounts are never de-activated. They remain active until you leave the University or choose to delete them.