UDrive, the university's legacy online file storage and sharing system, has been retired. Please see the rest of this news item for more information.
Originally published 4/30/2018:
UDrive (umass.edu/it/udrive), the university's legacy online file storage and sharing system, will retire on Monday, July 2, 2018 as the product has reached end-of-life and no longer meets campus technology standards.
- Once UDrive is retired, you will no longer be able to access any files you currently store on UDrive.
- If you use WebDAV to access UDrive on your computer, the network drive will no longer work.
- If you link to files hosted on UDrive from your blog, or personal or course website, these links will not work after July 2, 2018.
- Instructors using UDrive for their Moodle or Blackboard courses will no longer have access to course files stored on UDrive.
Please be sure you download your files from UDrive before July 2, 2018. You will then be able to store this data on one of the other file storage and sharing services available to you at UMass Amherst.
You can choose between:
- (Preferred) Secure Online Storage (powered by Box)
- Apps at UMass Amherst (powered by Google)
Secure Online Storage is recommended as a more secure alternative for sensitive and other types of institutional data.
Use our step-by-step instructions and videos on how to:
- Download your data from UDrive
- Store your data on Secure Online Storage (powered by Box) or Apps at UMass Amherst (powered by Google)
For any questions and to report problems, please contact IT User Services at (413) 545 TECH (8324) or email@example.com.