Grant management is complicated. ISSR is here to help.
Social science faculty interested in sponsored research can request free assistance in completing applications for grants, contracts, and fellowships; navigating submission processes with the University and sponsoring organizations; award set-up; and managing post-award activities.
To receive ISSR support for your proposal submission, we ask that you notify us well before the sponsor deadline to allow time for preparation, determination of submission timeline, review, and coordination with internal and online application systems.
Our staff provides proposal submission support to social science faculty in CSBS and across the university. Our goal is to serve all, but at times, the volume of proposals exceeds our maximum staff capacity. When this happens, we urge faculty to reach out to the University's Office of Pre-Award Services
ISSR Pre-Award Grant Support
- Managing cross-college or interdisciplinary collaborative grant proposals
- Reviewing sponsor guidelines
- Establishing timelines for completing proposals on time
- Navigating university policies and procedures
- Preparing budgets and budget justifications
- Uploading documents to the University's online Grant Application Management System (Kuali) and sponsor systems such as Grants.gov and the National Science Foundation's FastLane
- Routing electronic approval paperwork
- Serving as liaison with the University's Office of Research Development, Research Business Manager Network, Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations, and other on-campus resources
Grants Support Contact
For help with planning and submitting grants through ISSR, please Email Karen Mason at least 6-8 weeks prior to sponsor deadline.
In the case of limited support availability at ISSR, the University's Office of Pre-Award Services (OPAS) employs expert and experienced staff to support proposal preparation and submission.
To request OPAS assistance use this form.
ISSR Post-Award Grant Support
- Pre-establishing accounts and setting up new awards
- Guiding new principal investigators
- Reviewing project budgets and expenditures
- Preparing reports as needed and assisting with award close-out