ISSR Social Science Research Scholars Program: How to Apply
- This program is for the preparation of new sponsored research proposals only—not revisions or resubmissions.
- Ordinarily these awards will support only cases in which you would be the principal investigator of the submitted proposal.
- In the event that we receive a higher than normal number of applications, ISSR will prioritize applications by faculty who have not received any other proposal preparation grants in the last 3 years.
- It is anticipated that awards will result in a proposal submission no later than the semester following the course reduction (or the next application date of the sponsor, if later). If a proposal is not submitted within this period, investigators will be expected to teach an overload to repay the course reduction.
- The Dean of SBS will fund the course buyout for both SBS and non-SBS faculty, up to $6300; chairs must agree to the proposed course reduction.
- This award is available to all ranks of social science faculty across the university.
- Please read the SBS Dean's RTF funding structure policy for proposals/grants run through ISSR.
- Begin the application with your name, department, and years in rank. Please include your e-mail address.
- Summarize the proposal you anticipate you will prepare: a description of the research and methodological approach. This should be kept to 2-3 pages.
- Identify anticipated co-investigators and whether you will be the principal investigator of the proposal.
- Identify the anticipated sponsor(s) to whom you will submit the proposal.
- Briefly itemize external sponsored research support you have already received over the course of your career.
- Include a recent CV.
- Include a supporting letter from your department chair (and, for non-SBS faculty, a supporting letter from your college dean).
- Please indicate if you will also be applying to CRF's Family Research Scholars program, which offers a similar faculty grant development seminar series for faculty working on family-related research.
Submit applications via e-mail to Karen Mason, ISSR Grants Manager. Applications should be contained in one Word doc or PDF file (proposal summary followed by CV and letter of support, all in one attached file).
Please direct any questions to Jennifer Lundquist, ISSR Acting Director.
Application deadline: January 16, 2013, by 5 PM
Decision notificaton: February 4