Did You Know the following facts about MaCIE?
- Berkshire Community College offers a class entitled Peace and World Order?
- Bristol Community College has a faculty exchange and a study abroad program at Ahuntsic
College in Canada?
- Bunker Hill Community College has 200 international students from 51 countries this year,
serves 1000 ESL students, and offers a degree program in International Business?
- Fitchburg State College has a study abroad program at the Aviatechnical Institute in
Russia as well as programs in France, Ireland, and Nicaragua?
- Framingham State College offers a minor in Latin American studies and a Global Studies
- Greenfield Community College has extensive educational ties with the Ukraine and Belorus?
- Holyoke Community College has classes in Eastern Slavic Studies and an exchange with the
- Massachusetts Bay Community College offers classes in Creole?
- Massachusetts College of Art offers a class entitled Greek Islands Painting and
Sculpture as well as a study abroad program in Greece?
- Massachusetts Maritime Academy had American Peace Scholars in several countries?
- Massasoit Community College, Bridgewater State College, Cape Cod Community College, and
UMASS-Dartmouth, as members of the Southeastern Association of Cooperation in Higher Education
in Massachusetts (SACHEM), have received a grant from the US Dept. of Education totalling
approximately $95,000 per year for the next 3 years to internationalize the curriculum?
- Middlesex Community College offers a certificate program in International
Business, sponsors the China Fellowship Program, and was featured in a May 1995 Chronicle of Higher
Education article on 2 year colleges and international education?
- Mt. Wachusett Community College has a new Global Studies concentration toward which
students can earn credit through study abroad?
- Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts sends students regularly on
programs abroad sponsored by CCIS as do many other MaCIE institutions?
- North Shore Community College serves 260 ESL students and sponsors a study abroad program
in Costa Rica?
- Northern Essex Community College has a study abroad program in India at Bangalore
- Quinsigamond Community College serves over 150 ESL students and has international students
from 15 countries, including Angola and Zimbabwe?
- Roxbury Community College offers a unique caribbean studies program?
- Salem State College offers full-time, intensive ESL programs all year round?
- Springfield Technical Community College serves 360 ESL students?
- UMASS-Amherst sends 700 students abroad each year which represents 11% of
those eligible and is well above the national average for major research universities?
- UMASS-Boston offers the Haitian Creole Language Summer Institute and has 150 faculty
engaged in international projects involving 84 countries?
- UMASS-Dartmouth has a vibrant and expanding Center for Portuguese Studies?
- UMASS-Lowell has 38 visiting international scholars and close to 400 international
- UM Medical Center Worcester encourages medical students to gain clinical experience
abroad and assists in placements in over 80 countries?
- Westfield State College sends 10-20 students abroad each year?
- Worcester State College has a summer program on the campus of its sister college in
Disclaimer: This listing represents only a portion of international education programs and
activities at the commonwealth's public higher education institutions; it is intended to be
suggestive and not comprehensive.