J1 Immigration Information
International Scholars coming to the University of Massachusetts Amherst on a J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa will need to work with numerous government agencies and the International Programs Office to be successfully admitted and maintain their J-1/J-2 status.
Please refer to this comprehensive guide for information regarding:
- How to Enter the United States as a J-1 Exchange Visitor
- Traveling Outside the U.S.
- Information regarding your J-1 Visitor Exchange Program
- Extending your Stay, Changing Status, and Future Appointments
- Maintaining your J Status
- and J-2 Work Permission