The International Programs Office (IPO) offers visa sponsorship for students who have been admitted to the university. Please remember: IPO is a separate office from both the Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions Offices. IPO cannot provide visa sponsorship for any part-time and/or online programs offered at the University.
How to request visa document/s…
…FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS
- Reserve your place at Umass Amherst!
- Submit all required documents directly to International Programs per your Visa Sponsorship email.
…FOR GRADUATE STUDENTS
1. Confirm your intention to enroll to the Graduate Admissions Office on SPIRE:
- Log onto your SPIRE account (you will receive your SPIRE login information directly from OIT within a week or so of your official admission to the University)
- Click on the 'Admissions' item in the menu on the left side of the screen
- Select the 'Student Center for New Graduate Students'.
- There is a confirmation status section that will allow you to inform the Graduate School of your enrollment plans.
2. Submit all required documents directly to International Programs per your Visa Sponsorship email.
Your I20/DS2019 will be issued within 4-5 business days, once all required documents have been received. After your I20/DS2019 has been mailed, you will received an email with a scanned copy of your I20/DS2019.