Family Information

Family Information

Information for Spouses

Round the World Women (RWW) is a free program for international women offering a variety of activities.

There are several free and for fee English as a Second Language (ESL) courses available. Spouses and family members in J-2 visa status may be given permission to work by The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Spouses or family members in B-2, F-2, or H-4 visa status are NOT permitted to work in the U.S.

Child Care & Schools

Families need to bring birth certificates, school records and medical records for their children. Massachusetts requires proof of immunization for children, against childhood diseases, before they can enroll in school or child care programs. School-age children (5-18) are eligible to attend public schools at no cost in the town in which they live. The school year runs from September through June. Expect to spend from $6-8 an hour for child care and after-school programs. Contact our office or your town's school department for more details. University Child Care (413) 545-1566 offers child care services for University students and employees on a sliding fee scale. For further questions regarding the facilities please call (413) 545-5317.

 The site below  has a list of locations within the area for child care or family programs.