How to Request a Dependent I20 or DS2019

F1 and J1 visa holders can submit a request for an I-20 or DS-2019 to bring their spouse (including same sex partners) and/or child (children) to live with them in the United States on dependent visa status.

Application Materials:

1.    Copy/copies of each dependent’s passport photo identification page.

2.    Dependent Request Form

3.    Copy of proof of marriage to spouse including same-sex partners. Must be translated into English.

4.    Financial documentation: For the first dependent add $10,700, for each additional dependent add $2,400 per person.  

For current students: Submit all required documents in the order listed above as one pdf to bjtang[at]ipo.umass[dot]edu.

For newly admitted students: Follow the submission instructions on the CERF.