Requesting a Certificate of Attendance
Current degree-seeking students on Umass F-1 or J-1 visa sponsorship
- Select a letter template from the options listed below.
Update the template with your information.
- Do not change the wording in the first paragraph.
- Indicate the EXACT purpose of your letter in the “Additional Remarks” section, any changes to the letter should be made to this section only.
- Make sure all of your information on your letter is correct before you submit your request.
3. Submit your letter(s) for processing to email@example.com. Use subject line: “Certificate of Attendance Request” and attach all letters in MS Word format.
You must be a full time student* on Umass Amherst visa sponsorship to request these letters. Processing time is 2-3 business days.
*If you are on OPT or Academic training, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a letter; include your full name and SPIRE #.
CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE: Request this letter for tourist visa applications for countries other than the United States, Massachusetts driver's license application supplements, etc. Please be specific about the intended use of this letter, additional information may be requested.
FAMILY INVITATION: Request this letter to invite family members to visit you during your studies at Umass.
UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT GRADUATION INVITATION (Only available for request during the Spring semester): Request this letter to invite family members to attend your May Graduation Commencement.
GRADUATE STUDENT GRADUATION INVITATION (Only available for request during the Spring semester): Letter requests are processed by the Graduate Dean’s Office. To obtain the request form go to the Graduate Dean's Office in 514 Goodell or email email@example.com.
CURRENT EXCHANGE (NON-DEGREE) STUDENTS
Exchange students with enrollment forms from their Home University can drop off these forms in 467 Hills South (IPO Main Office).
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are requesting a certificate of attendance letter; use subject line: "Exchange Student COA request" and include your full name and SPIRE #.
To request a Certificate of Attendance: email Nancy Condon at email@example.com. Include your full name and SPIRE ID number (on the back of your University ID card/UCard).