Requesting a Certificate of Attendance
Current degree-seeking students on Umass F-1 or J-1 visa sponsorship
- Select a letter template.
Update the template with your information.
- Do not change the wording in the first paragraph.
- Indicate the EXACT purpose of your letter in the “Additional Remarks” section, any changes to the letter should be made to this section only.
- Make sure all information is correct before you submit your request.
3. Submit your letter(s) for processing to email@example.com. Use subject line: “Certificate of Attendance Request” and attach all letters in MS Word format.
NOTE: You must be a full time student on Umass Amherst visa sponsorship to request these letters.
Processing time: 2-3 business days
CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE: Request this letter for tourist visa applications for countries other than the United States, Massachusetts driver's license application supplements, etc. Please be specific about the intended use of this letter, additional information may be requested.
FAMILY INVITATION: Request this letter to invite family members to visit you during your studies at Umass.
UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT GRADUATION INVITATION (Only available for request during the Spring semester): Request this letter to invite family members to attend your May Graduation Commencement.
GRADUATE STUDENT GRADUATION INVITATION (Only available for request during the Spring semester): Letter requests are processed by the Graduate Dean’s Office. To obtain the request form go to 514 Goodell or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Exchange (non-degree) Students
Exchange students with enrollment forms from their Home University; drop off forms in 467 Hills South (IPO Main Office).
- Graduate exchange students-visit 467 Hills South (IPO Main Office) to request a Certificate of Attendance letter.
- Undergraduate exchange students, please email Sherry Bohonowicz at email@example.com to request a Certificate of Attendance letter
To request a Certificate of Attendance email Nancy Condon at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your full name and SPIRE ID number (on the back of your University ID card/UCard)