Requesting a Certificate of Attendance
Current degree-seeking students on Umass F-1 or J-1 visa sponsorship
- Select a letter template.
Update the template with your information.
- Do not change the wording in the first paragraph.
- Indicate the EXACT purpose of your letter in the “Additional Remarks” section, any changes to the letter should be made to this section only.
- Make sure all information is correct before you submit your request.
3. Submit your letter(s) for processing to email@example.com. Use subject line: “Certificate of Attendance Request” and attach all letters in MS Word format.
NOTE: You must be a full time student on Umass Amherst visa sponsorship to request these letters.
Processing time: 2-3 business days
GENERAL CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE: Request this letter for tourist visas for countries other than the United States, Massachusetts driver's license application supplements, etc. NOTE: The visa renewal letter is no longer being issued.
FAMILY INVITATION: Request this letter to invite immediate family members to visit you during your studies at Umass.
GRADUATION INVITATION: Request this letter to invite immediate family members to attend the May Graduation Commencement. If your official graduation date is after May 2013, visit the Commencement website for details before you request this letter. NOTE: After the May 2013 Graduation Commencement we will no longer be offering the Graduation Invitation letter for graduate-level international students, you will be able to request these types of letters at the Graduate School (information will be posted).
Current Exchange (non-degree) Students
Exchange students with enrollment forms from their Home University; drop off forms in 467 Hills South (IPO Main Office).
- Graduate exchange students-visit 467 Hills South (IPO Main Office) to request a Certificate of Attendance letter.
- Undergraduate exchange students, please email Sherry Bohonowicz at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a Certificate of Attendance letter
To request a Certificate of Attendance email Nancy Condon at email@example.com. Include your full name and SPIRE ID number (on the back of your University ID card/UCard)