Transcripts and Credits
An official transcript from your program abroad should be sent directly to the Study Abroad Registrar:
International Programs Office
University of Massachusetts Amherst
70 Butterfield Terrace
Amherst MA 01003 USA
- Please be aware that it can take months for your study abroad grades to be transferred to your UMass transcript. The grades will appear at the top of your unofficial transcript in SPIRE, not under the term(s) that you were abroad.
- Grades earned abroad appear on your UMass transcript but are not factored into your GPA, unless you went on a Faculty-Led program
- If your academic advisor approved a course on your ICAF for a major or minor requirement and it is not reflected on SPIRE, take a copy of your ICAF to your academic advisor who will make this change.
- If you need official transcripts from your host university (e.g. for graduate school application), you must contact the program and/or host university directly.
- If you have other questions about transcripts or credits, contact the International Registrar, Cristina Sosa at csosa[at]ipo.umass[dot]edu. For students who studied in Germany, Sweden, or at the University of Copenhagen contact Regine John at reginejohn[at]ipo.umass[dot]edu.
Course Equivalency Approval
Did you take courses abroad that were different than you anticipated? Were you unable to get pre-approval before going abroad? Use the International Course Approval Form (ICAF) to request the applicable course equivalency:
- For major, minor, certificate, languages, or Global Education requirements submit the ICAF form to your academic advisor in the appropriate department. Once you have obtained the required signature(s), submit the form to the Education Abroad Advising Center
- For General Education courses, submit the ICAF with course description(s) attached to Cristina Sosa at the Education Abroad Advising Center