- The Berthiaume Directors reserve the right to disqualify any entry/team that, in their sole discretion, violates the letter of the spirit of the competition guidelines and rules.
- The Berthiaume Center assumes no responsibility to ensure the confidentiality of any information disclosed by teams during the public competitions.
- All decisions regarding the competition rules, procedures, and processes are at the sole discretion of the Berthiaume Center Directors. Changes and/or interpretations of these rules may be made by the Berthiaume Center and Innovation Challenge leadership at any time, even though they may be (or may appear to be) in conflict with previously published information.
- The selection of the teams to compete and the decision of the winners are at the sole discretion of the judges and the UMass Innovation Challenge leadership.
- No prize money will be released until the prize distribution form has been finalized, signed, and returned to the Berthiaume Center by all team members. All paperwork must be submitted within the 12 month grace period.