20K March Madness Spreads to the Medical Device Community!
M2D2 is hosting a medical device startup competition that will find Massachusetts' best new medical device ventures - and award thousands of dollars worth of services for product development.
Who is Eligible
The M2D2 New Venture Competition is open to medical device technology-based startup businesses located in Massachusetts. The venture must involve the development of a new medical device.
Competition Details and Deadlines
First Round: Entries are due by 5 p.m. Friday, Feb. 1, 2013.
- Applications and executive summaries must be submitted via email at M2D2@uml.edu by 5 p.m. Friday, Feb. 1, 2013. Applications are available at http://www.uml.edu/M2D2. There is a $25 entry fee. Applicants will be judged by a team of medical device experts.
Finalists will be chosen from the pool of applicants and notified by Feb. 15, 2013.
Second Round: Detailed Applications are due by 5 p.m. Friday, Mar. 1, 2013 and applicants who advance to this round will give presentations on Wednesday, Mar. 27, 2013.
- The finalists will be invited to submit a detailed M2D2 New Venture application form by 5 p.m. Friday, Mar. 1, 2013.
The finalists also will be required to present before a panel of expert judges at M2D2 on Mar. 27, 2013 beginning at 6 p.m. The presentations will be a maximum of 5 minutes in length and followed by a brief Q&A session with the judges.
Winners' Ceremony to be held on Wednesday, April 10, 2013.
- Three winners will be selected. The winners and award amounts will be announced on April 10, 2013 at the Nutter McClennen & Fish LLP offices located at Seaport West, 155 Seaport Boulevard, Boston, MA
A total of $10,000 in M2D2 Services will be awarded, including:
- Engineering Services (prototyping, etc.)
- Business School Services (business plans, market development, etc.)
- Medical School Services
A total of $10,000 in Legal Services from Nutter McClennen & Fish.
For full contest details, please visit http://www.uml.edu/M2D2 and navigate to the events page or check us out at 600 Suffolk Street, 2nd Floor, Lowell, MA 01854. Please call 978-934-3465 if any further assistance is required.