All business ventures are welcome to enter. Students from all majors can compete; you do not need to be enrolled in an entrepreneurial or business curriculum to participate.
The ventures that have the most potential to succeed in this competition will have one or more of the following attributes:
- Show originality and commercial potential
- Are developed in conjunction with a course or research
- Involve intellectual property
- Are associated with new technology or a new business model
- Have technical feasibility
- Demonstrate high growth potential (i.e. scalable)
Concepts that meet the criteria contained in the above bullets are most likely to be admitted into UMass Innovation Challenge competitions. Credibility of assumptions and the ability of team to make it happen all matter as well.