- Trained users only.
- Internal users only.
- Only one person allowed in the lab at a time.
Located on the 4th floor in the Life Science Laboratories the Sensor Integration facility has equipment for precise integration of optical and electronic components into compact systems. Equipment includes probe station with laser cutter, wafer saw, wire bonders, a flip chip bonder, via plating, and a laser PCB prototyping tool.
We offer training to users to conduct experimentation for use on a fee for service basis to both internal and external researchers, academic or industry based. Following an initial consultation, covering experimental parameters training and access is arranged through the director.
Summit 11000 Probe Station with Laser Cutter
For measuring and modifying prototype integrated circuits
- EZLaze3 laser cutter:
- for cutting metal traces (532 nm)
- for removing passivation (355 nm)
- Objectives: M Plan Apo NUV 50X, 100X
- EZLaze3 laser cutter:
Advanced Dicing Technology 7122
For precision dicing of hard material components such as
- Work piece size: up to 200mm x 200mm
- Indexing: resolution/accuracy is 0.2 μm/1.5 μm
- Cut Depth: resolution/accuracy is 0.2 μm/2.0 μm
LPKF Protolaser U3
For prototyping of printed circuit boards
- Diameter of UV laser beam 20μm
- Resolution of scanfield 2μm
- Repeatability +/- 2μm
- Surface structures down to 75μm
- Max material size 9” x 12” x 0.27”
FineTech FINEPLACER pico ma
For flip chip bonding and die attach
- Placement accuracy 5 μm
- Components from 0.125 mm x 0.125 mm to 100 mm x 100 mm
- Working area up to 450 mm x 234 mm
- Supports wafer/substrate sizes up to 200 mm
LPKF Minicotac RS
For plating via holes in prototype printed circuit boards
- Maximum size board 9” x 12”
- Minimum via size 0.4mm
LPKF Multi-press S
For laminating multiple layers of printed circuit boards
- Laminating area 9” x 12”
- Up to 8 layers
- Vector Network Analyzer: Keysight E5071c 8.5 GHz with Ecal kit
- Solder Rework Station: Weller wha3000
- Wire Bonders(2): TPT HB16 (stud bump and bump/wedge)
- DC triple power supplies (4): Keysight E3631a
- Logic Analyzer: Keysight 16806
- DC Sourcemeters(2): Keysight B2901
- Oscilloscope 1GHz: Keysight MSOX3104a
- Oscilloscope handheld: Keysight U1620a
|Campus Users||External Users|
|Lab Access (per user)||$250/quarter||$500/quarter|
|Rates are subject to change, contact facility to verify current fees.|
|FY21 Specialized Service Center Approved Fees|
Training for new users consists of:
- lab safety training,
- operation of the instrument and associated software,
- use of data analysis software,
- exporting or presenting data,
- clean up and shutdown of the instrumentation.
Once the training is complete, researchers may schedule their experiments through the directors of Sensor Integratioin (Joseph Bardin or Robert Jackson) or online through CORUM at corum.umass.edu.
Sensor Integration: The Sensor Integration facility has equipment for precise integration of optical and electronic components into compact systems. Equipment includes probe station with laser cutter, wafer saw, wire bonders, a flip chip bonder, via plating, and a laser PCB prototyping tool.
Updated January 2021