The University provides benefitted employees 13 paid holidays per year inclusive of two campus closure days. Please reference the holidays and campus closures calendar for more details.
Vacation, Sick and Personal Time
Paid vacation, sick and personal leave benefits depend upon whether or not you are a bargaining unit (union) or non-unit employee. Benefits also differ by bargaining unit.
Benefit Summary for Employees in a Position Represented by the:
- American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME)
- New England Police Benevolent Association (NEPBA)
- Librarians: Massachusetts Society of Professors (MSP/MTA)
- Faculty on Academic-year Appointments : MSP/MTA
- Faculty on Calendar-year Appointments: MSP/MTA
- Professional Staff Union Unit A (PSU/MTA-A)
- Professional Staff Union Unit B (PSU/MTA-B)
- University Staff Association (USA/MTA)
Non-Unit Employee Benefit Summaries
Sick Leave Banks
University Sick Leave Banks (SLB) have been established to secure income for members who are on an approved, qualifying leave where there is a reasonable expectation that the member will return to perform the essential functions of his or her job. SLBs do not provide income replacement for periods which may be covered by another insurance policy (e.g., workers' compensation, vehicle insurance, etc.)
Prior to drawing from any SLB an applicant must first secure an approved leave from his or her department by following the University's leave application process.