Labor Relations Contacts
Collective Bargaining Agreements
• AFSCME, Local
• PSU/MTA (Unit A)
• PSU/MTA (Unit B)
• Notice of Investigatory Hearing
• AFSCME Extension of Sick Leave Form
• Evaluation Forms
Resources for Managers
• Descipline Process
• Layoff Process
• Sample Layoff Letters
• Personnel Problems
• Performance Management
Labor Relations Office has four areas of accountability:
- Provide support
and advice to supervisors, managers and administrators in working with
employees who are in bargaining units. Issues the Office deals with
- Developing approaches to address supervisors’
concerns about employees such as attendance and discipline.
- Reviewing reorganization plans and other personnel actions which
have labor-management implications.
- Managing layoffs and bumping.
- Addressing departmental policy and procedure changes which have
labor-management implications such as contracting out work or changing
- Represent the University
for collective bargaining of contracts and being the employer’s
agent in contract and labor-management matters.
- Administer the
PSU/MTA, AFSCME, USA/MTA, UAW (RA) and IBPO Contracts and/or
bargaining. GEO, MSP contracts are administered by the Provost’s
- Answer labor relations
questions for employees.