Instructions for All Employees

Work Life Event: 
Applies To: 
All Employees

In order to change your name for UMass/Human Resources purposes please implement that change with the U.S. Social Security Administration. Upon receipt, please bring the Social Security card reflecting your new name to the HRESC in order that we update your name for payroll, benefits and tax purposes.  

If you are (or have been) a student at UMass you will also need to change your name in SPIRE. Please work directly with the University Registrar’s Office to provide the necessary supporting documentation.