Confidential counseling and support services are available to you through a number of organizations. Counselors can help you personally and can connect you with other organizations that might be of assistance and help you coordinate access to longer-term support services if appropriate:
- Faculty and Staff Assistance Program
The Faculty and Staff Assistance Program is a free, confidential service to help UMass Amherst faculty and staff resolve personal and work-related concerns through confidential assessment, counseling, consultation and referrals. For information or an appointment, call (413) 545-0350 or visit the FSAP website.
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a free, confidential service providing employees critical incident debriefing.
Managers and supervisors can also receive confidential supervisory training, resource recommendations, and customized seminars for dealing with work place issues such as: job changes, stress management, low morale, disruptive workplace behavior, transitioning to retirement, substance abuse and hygiene issues.
- If you have health insurance coverage through the MA Group insurance Commission, mental/emotional health benefits are available at a copay through your health insurance plan.
- The University Ombuds Office is available to all members of the University community to help resolve University-related conflicts impartially and without judging, rewarding, or punishing parties. Depending on the problem, the Ombuds Office (link to contact information) informally mediates disputes, facilitates communication, explores claims of unfair treatment or erroneous procedure, listens, advises, and makes recommendations.
- Tobacco-Free UMass resources