For International Employees
UMass Amherst International Employees (students, staff and faculty): Please use our online calendar to make an appointment to meet with a Human Resources (HR) Representative.
How To Make An Appointment
- Make an appointment when you get your Social Security number or to renew your tax treaty status.
- Log in with your Net ID. Your Net ID is the same as your OIT/SPIRE Account User Name. Questions? Visit password help.
- After logging in, click Sign Up.
- Select a date and time on the calendar. A small form pops up. Complete and submit it.
- You're done. You will immediately receive an emailed confirmation.
What To Bring To Your Appointment
The following items are required, or you will be asked to reschedule your appointment.
- Your Social Security (SS) Card
- I-94: Print your I-94 online (New rules effective April 26, 2013.)
- I-20 or DS2019
- Tax Information Sheet [PDF]: Please complete it prior to your appointment.
If You Miss Your Appointment
Return to this calendar to change or cancel your appointment as long as the date has not passed. If you miss your appointment, you can't change it, because the date has passed. But you can add a new one - no sooner than one week after your original appointment.
United States Income Tax Treaties
International employees from countries with tax treaties may be eligible to save money! Your HR Representative will go over this with you. In the meantime, you may look at these tax treaty lists:
- For students: Studying or Training Income: Code 19 [PDF]
- For scholarship recipients: Code 15 [PDF]
- For teachers or researchers: Code 18 [PDF]