Approved fields for the M.A.
These fields have been approved by the Graduate Studies Committee.
Additional fields can be proposed to the Graduate Studies Committee, bearing in mind that the purpose of M.A. fields is to ensure that the candidate has a broad base of historical and historiographical knowledge; the M.A. field is not intended to further narrow specialization.
Approved MA fields - geographical and chronological
- Early US
- Nineteenth-century US
- Modern US
- Late antiquity and medieval Europe
- Early modern Europe
- Modern Europe
- Latin America - colonial period
- Latin America - national period
- Russia and Soviet Union
- Middle East
- East Asia
Approved MA fields - thematic
- Public History
- Global History
- Women's and Gender History
- History of Science and Technology
- History of the Book