How to Apply
5:00 P.M. on WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2018 for academic awards
5:00 P.M. on MONDAY, MARCH 5, 2018 for study abroad scholarships
- Go to the university’s web-based scholarship application and management site.
- Click the Sign In button in the top right-hand corner of the screen and log in using your UMass Net ID and password (the one you use for other UMass accounts).
- You will be directed to the General Application, which you must complete before you will be able to access any campus scholarships.
- Once your General Application has been submitted, the system will identify possible sources of scholarships based on data in Spire. These will appear in the left-hand column and may include the UMass Alumni Association, the College of Humanities and Fine Arts, the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Commonwealth College, and the College of Information and Computer Sciences.
- All eligible HFA majors will be taken to the college’s “conditional application.” STUDENTS LOOKING FOR STUDY ABROAD SCHOLARSHIPS SHOULD BEGIN THEIR APPLICATION AT ITEM #07_Study Abroad AND SUBMIT ONLY ITEMS “a” through “o.” Students seeking academic awards should complete sections 1 – 6.
- Submission of the HFA conditional application will allow you to be considered for all HFA dean’s office opportunities for which you are eligible and no further steps are required. Determination of your eligibility is based on information in your Spire account, e.g. major, GPA, financial need, etc.
- If other opportunities appear for which you are eligible, click on the scholarship link to go to the application(s). Enter the information or upload documents requested.
- To submit your application, click Finish and Submit. You will be redirected to your dashboard, which will show the status of any pending and submitted applications.
- To apply for additional scholarships, repeat these steps.
- You may save your application as you are completing the questions and associated steps. Click on Save and Keep Editing often so you do not lose any information.
- Documents uploaded as part of an application may be in any file format other than Google docs. PDFs are preferred.
- In addition to opportunities available through the HFA Dean’s Office, the AcademicWorks system manages scholarship applications for some departments, schools, and colleges across campus. Based on your responses to the General Application, you may be eligible to apply for other scholarships.
- Only some of the campus’ scholarships have migrated to this system. Students should be sure to investigate opportunities available in their major departments, from the Alumni Association, etc.
- You may not be able to apply for some of the scholarships and awards that appear on the full list for which you believe you are eligible. Recipients of these awards are identified by a process other than a student-initiated application.