Application due date: Friday, March 1, 2013 at 12:00 NOON
Maximum amount: $4,000
The College strongly encourages research proposals and/or creative activities that cross disciplines. Collaborative Research Grants are intended to provide funding for the initial stages of research and/or creative activities conducted by faculty members from multiple departments. The applicant must be an HFA faculty member, but a collaborator or collaborators may come from another HFA department or from another college at UMass Amherst.
The funding provided by HFA is intended to facilitate and bolster collaborative grant applications to external funding sources, such as those available from the ACLS and the NEH.
Applicants may request up to $4,000. If a collaborator comes from another college in the University, that college must match HFA’s level of support.
Applications must include:
• A completed cover sheet.
• A description of the collaborative project (no more than 2 pages) for which support is requested and a description of each investigator’s role in the project;
• A detailed budget statement for the project;
• A list of external funding sources to which the collaborators intend to apply; and
• If applicable, a statement of funding commitment from the collaborator’s department or college.
All full-time faculty are eligible to apply.
Criteria for Evaluation
Proposals will be evaluated according to the following ranked criteria and awarded on a competitive basis:
• how clearly the funding request is connected to the collaborative project;
• the importance of the project to the research agenda/creative plan of the collaborators;
• the likelihood that funding will lead to external grant applications.
Please direct your questions to Rex Wallace, Associate Dean for Research and Academic Personnel (5-3408) or to Lynne Latham (5-0378). Your application materials should be submitted via e-mail to Lynne Latham (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a copy to the Associate Dean (email@example.com).