Application due dates: Friday, March 7, 2014 at 12:00 NOON
Maximum amount: $4,000
Amounts of up to $4,000 may be requested for activities related to a research or creative project you will undertake and for which other funding opportunities do not exist. Project Funds cannot be used as compensation for faculty time and must be clearly connected to the advancement of a specific project. Faculty members who are awarded Project Funds will submit a one-page report summarizing their progress on or before June 30, 2015.
HFA's full-time faculty members at any rank may apply, although priority will be given to Assistant Professors who have not previously received Project Funds. Faculty members are not permitted to hold Project Fund and Enhanced Sabbatical Fund awards in the same fiscal year. Project Funds awarded in AY 2014 must be expended by the end of FY 2015 (June 30, 2015).
Submit a completed Project Funds cover sheet and a proposal no more than two-pages long that includes:
• a description of your project and its relationship to your larger research agenda/creative plan,
• a detailed budget describing how the funds are to be spent,
• other sources of funding you have received for this project and those for which you have already or will apply, and
• a narrative explaining how the funding requested moves your project forward.
Criteria for Evaluation
Proposals will be reviewed by the HFA Research Council according to the following ranked criteria and awarded on a competitive basis:
1) how clearly the funding requested is connected to a specific project,
2) the importance of that project to your larger research agenda/creative plan, and
3) the likelihood that funding will contribute to the completion of your project.
Applications should be submitted to Lynne Latham (5-0378) via e-mail or campus mail (204 South College).