Graduate Student Funding
This page is concerned with funding opportunities for HFA graduate students. The programs listed below offer pre- and post-doctoral fellowships, fellowships for dissertation proposal development, and awards for international travel.
We recommend that those interested in applying for awards and fellowships contact the Graduate Student Grant Service (GSGS) for assistance. If you wish to use the HFA Grants Gateway as a resource to learn about grant writing or to identify future funding opportunities, please refer to the links in the left sidebar.
• AAUW American Fellowship (Association of American University Women)
• Boren Awards for International Study (for graduate and undergraduate students)
• Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR)(includes both graduate and postdoctoral fellowships)
• Dissertation Proposal Development Fellowship (Social Science Research Council)
• Five College Fellowship Andrew W. Mellon/ACLS Dissertation Fellowship (American Council of Learned Societies)
• Junior and Postdoctoral Fellowship in the Humanities (Fox Center for Humanistic Inquiry, Emory Univ.)
• Junior and Postdoctoral Fellowship in Poetics (Fox Center for Humanistic Inquiry, Emory Univ.)
• Predoctoral Fellowships for Historians of American Art to Travel Abroad (CASVA National Gallery of Art)
• Class of 1976 Scholarship and Rand Scholarship (in the College of Humanities & Fine Arts)