While many large scale foundation grants exist, we provide the list below to give you a sense of those available. We advise you to consult with the Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations (OCFR) for help navigating these options. Please do not develop an application without contacting OCFR, as doing so might diminish both your chances and the University’s ongoing relationships with these foundations. Also, be sure to attend to any limited submissions policies .
Many grants limit the number of submissions an institution can submit; in these cases you'll need to contact Melinda LeLacheur, who is the Administrative Assistant to the Director in the Office of Research Affairs, to ensure that your proposal can be considered as one of those going forward from UMass. Even if you've talked to someone in OGCA or OCFR, the Office of Research Affairs needs to be informed as well.
• Civic Learning and Civic Action (Spencer Foundation)
• Human Rights and Democracy Program Grants (General Service Foundation)
• Indigenous Contemporary Arts Program (National Museum of the American Indian)
• Islam and Muslims in World Contexts (Social Science Research Council)
• The Multi-Arts Production Fund (Creative Capital)
• Surdna Foundation (Arts)
• Xeric Foundation: Contact OCFR (Limit on 1 application per year from campus)