HFA faculty members have secured grants and fellowships from prestigious funding organizations such as the National Science Foundation, the National Endowment for the Humanities, the National Endowment for the Arts, the American Council of Learned Societies, the Ford Foundation, and the John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation. Recognizing the value and benefit of off-campus funding, the University’s Office of Research Development and the College of Humanities and Fine Arts are committed to helping faculty members identify potential funding sources and prepare competitive applications.
Mary Fechner, Proposal Development Associate in the Office of Research Development (545-4893), is available to provide guidance in the grant-writing process.
Sarah Vega-Liros, HFA’s Research Business Manager Liaison (413-545-7559), is the College’s primary resource for budget planning and the University's application submission process.
All HFA faculty members planning to submit an application for external funding are required to complete an External Funding Notice, prior to the funding deadline. Award recipients who wish to request salary supplementation and/or non-sabbatical research leave should follow the procedures outlined on the Salary Supplementation page.
Recent HFA Awardees
- Christine Ho, Luce Foundation/ACLS, Post-doctoral Fellowship
- Nicholas Bromell, Guggenheim Fellowship
- Jen Adams and Sonja Drimmer, National Endowment for the Humanities Summer Stipends
- Ela Gezen, EUME Fellow (Europe in the Middle East program of the Forum Transregionale Studien)
- Edie Meidav, Fulbright Research Grant
- Julio Capo, United States Studies Centre Fellowship (Sydney, Australia)