The College of Humanities & Fine Arts
Senior Recognition Ceremony
Friday, May 11, 2012, 4:00-5:30 pm
UMass Amherst Class of 2012 Commencement
Saturday, May 12, 2012, 1:00-2:30 pm
HFA Senior Recognition Ceremony
Traffic on and around campus will be extremely heavy, so guests are strongly advised to arrive on campus on both days as early as possible. Lot 39 will be reserved for handicapped parking for our ceremony on the 12th.
Friday, May 11:
• 3:00 p.m.: Degree candidates arrive at Yellow Lot 11, north of the Stadium, carrying carrying their caps & gowns. Families should head to McGuirk to be seated.
• 3:15 p.m.: Degree candidates assemble by school or college, don their robes, and receive processional instructions from Marshals.
• 4:00 p.m.: University Commencement Ceremony begins at McGuirk Stadium.
Saturday, May 12:
• 12:00 p.m.: College of Humanities and Fine Arts students wear their caps and gowns to the Recreation Center to assemble with departments while parents are seated.
• 1:00 p.m.: Senior Recognition Ceremony begins.
You can find them on the main Commencement page here.
Afro-American Studies: The Afro-American Studies Graduation Celebration will be held on Friday, May 11th at 12pm in the 2nd floor Reading Room in New Africa House.
Art, Architecture, and Art History: The Department of Art, Architecture, and Art History will be hosting its annual Junior/Senior Awards Ceremony on Saturday, May 12, at 10:30, in Herter Art Gallery.
English: The English Department will sponsor a Commencement breakfast and reception in the lobby of Bartlett Hall, starting at 9:30 am on Saturday, May 12th. RSVP to Celeste if you plan to attend.
History: The History Department will be holding a Continental Breakfast for Graduates on Saturday, May 12th from 10:00-11:30am in the 2nd floor annex of Herter Hall, outside the auditorium. Please RSVP to Suzanne Bell at email@example.com.
Philosophy: The University of Massachusetts, Amherst Department of Philosophy cordially invites you and your family to a Commencement Reception Brunch on Saturday, May 12, 2012 from 9:30 am to 11:00 am in the lobby of Bartlett Hall. Please RSVP with # attending: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 413-545-2330
• Check the UMass Commencement website for directions, schedule, lodging, parking information, etc.: http://umass.edu/commencement.
• Need special arrangements? Questions? Check out our FAQ page or contact us: 413-577-4423 or email@example.com.