HFA At a Glance
Facts and figures about the College of Humanities and Fine Arts, its alumni, and its impact on the Western Massachusetts economy:
• 3,060 undergraduate and graduate students are enrolled in the College.
• The College has 36 majors, 25 minors, and 19 post graduate degrees.
• The College employs 379 faculty and staff and has a budget of over $32 million.
• There are 4,500 alumni living in the Pioneer Valley who generate 1/4 billion dollars of economic activity in the each year and provide 20,000 days of volunteer service.
• 800 HFA alumni help lead the institutions that support the local Creative Economy.
• Over 35% of HFA alumni living in the Pioneer Valley live in Amherst, one of its bordering towns or Northampton.
• In a recent survey, 39% of HFA alumni indicated that they are arts and humanities teachers.
• 47% of HFA alumni indicated they donate to cultural organizations.
• 46% of HFA alumni consider themselves amateur writers or artists.
• HFA faculty have written over 200 books.
• HFA faculty have received over 200 awards and honors.
• HFA has 12 community outreach programs and offers hundreds of lectures, symposiums, workshops, and other opportunities for community involvement each year.