- After finishing manuscript, the student logs into ScholarWorks@UMass Amherst and creates an account with a valid email address.
- The student then enters information (demographic information, dates, title, keywords, advisor(s), absract, copyright info, etc.) into the ScholarWorks website regarding his or her dissertation.
- The student then uploads a PDF file of the dissertation. There is a PDF conversion tool available on the website for this purpose, or the conversion can be accomplished offline using Adobe Acrobat or similar software.
- The student is then prompted to upload any supplemental files he or she may want to include with the submission. These files would include picture, audio, video, animations, simulations, etc.
- After reviewing the submission, the Graduate School will contact the student for any revisions necessary. If revisions are necessary, the student will make the changes in his or her original document, reconvert to pdf and submit the changes online through ScholarWorks.
- As a service for students, there is a list of binderies available in the Graduate Student Service Center for interested students.
- When the final complete version of the dissertation has been approved by the Graduate School, and the student has satisfied all other degree requirements, the file is posted to the ScholarWorks site.
All online submissions, forms, paper signatures, and fees are required to be submitted before the deadline date to be included in a degree period.