The Electronic Thesis Submission Process
- After completing the manuscript, the student logs into ScholarWorks and creates an account with a valid email address:
· Login to ScholarWorks@UMassAmherst
(Please DO NOT click on the Author Dashboard link.)
- After creating an account the student goes to the Masters Theses page or the MFA for Poets and Writers Theses page on Scholarworks:
· ScholarWorks for M.A./M.S./M.F.A. (Art and Theater)
· ScholarWorks for M.F.A. (English only)
- From the right-hand side bar, click on Submit Thesis.
- The student then enters information (demographic information, dates, title, keywords, advisor(s), abstract, copyright info, etc.) into the ScholarWorks website regarding his or her thesis.
- The student then uploads either a PDF or Microsoft Word file of the thesis. If a Word file is uploaded, an automatic conversion will take place into PDF. The student will be notified via email when that conversion has taken place.
- The student may then upload any supplemental files he or she may want to include with the submission. These files may include pictures, audio, video, animations, simulations, etc.
- After reviewing the submission, the Graduate School will contact the student for any revisions necessary. If revisions are necessary, the student will make the changes in his or her original document, and submit the edited document online through ScholarWorks.
- After the Graduate School approves the final complete version of the thesis, and the student has satisfied all other degree requirements, the file is posted to the ScholarWorks library site.
All online submissions, forms, paper signatures, and fees are required to be submitted before the deadline date to be included in a degree period.